Create a Bulletin
How to Create and Submit a Bulletin to SCTV
Who may submit? What content is eligible?
- Slides may be submitted by Town of Salisbury departments and committees or non-profit organizations in the area.
- Bulletin Board slides may highlight important government information or community-wide, non-commercial events.
- Slides should not include prices or costs of admission, donations, entry fees, etc., even for non-profit events.
- Slides should be of specific interest to residents and viewers in the Salisbury area.
- The slides should refer to specific events or services, usually with an end date, not generic items such as office hours or organizational promotion. Generally, slides will be terminated after 3 to 4 weeks.
- Email (attach) qualified bulletins to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the format for SCTV bulletin board slides?
- Slides should be JPEG image files (.jpg) with a 4:3 landscape aspect ratio.
- SCTV's equipment will scale any 4:3 landscape JPEG image to the size needed.
- If you are making a slide that you also wish to play on other cable access stations in our area, the common denominator is a JPEG image that is 720 pixels wide by 480 pixels high.
- SCTV and all PEG access channels cablecast in standard definition. Small fonts cannot be read on many TVs.
- If your content and images will not fit comfortably on one 720 x 480 slide, submit two or more slides.
- Please do not just submit text and expect SCTV to convert it to a slide.
- For instructions on how to create a JPEG slide, click HERE.
How do I submit a bulletin board slide to SCTV?
Attach the JPEG image file (.jpg) to an email and send to info@SCTVMC.org. Do not paste in text box.
Create slides directly in SCTV's on-line Carousel software
This method is designed for regular users of the bulletin board such as Town Departments and non-profit organizations with frequent messages. If this applies to you, please email email@example.com, and we will set you up with a password and provide instruction.